Friday, August 14, 2009

Lost Bets and Neighbors

Minimal updates, as usual.

Last weekend, Amanda and I went to a local state park and hung out. No big deal. Big deal? It was time to pay up on a bet I lost. Here's the set up:

Before we got married, we made a bet about a friend of hers. I was of the opinion that this friend of hers would be proposed to by her then boyfriend when we were all in Puerto Rico. Amanda said that it wouldn't happen. We made a bet with the following terms: I win, she eats a big spoonful of mayonnaise, which she hates. I lose the bet, I take a big bite out a a disgusting, probably poisonous tomato.

A month or so before the wedding, Amanda informed me that these two had broken up. F.

Here are a few photos of me trying not to throw up:


Gross.

I know that had nothing to do with the house and it's various projects, but it was worth mentioning.

Next up on the picture tour? The neighbors. I snapped a few shots of the crazy neighbor lady and her poor husband. How those tiny legs support that forward leaning mass of rolling fat is beyond me.


I made a comparison of her body to three stacked ring-shaped pool floats on top of legs and feet. It's apt I think.

Lastly, some house news. I'm going to try to get the final inspection scheduled for next Wednesday. General Contractor Al Medina should be getting back from Portugal this weekend, so we can finally get it done. Good times.

No comments: