Monday, February 1, 2010

The Book of Eli

He's a blind person.

With that out of the way, here's a quick house hunt update:

Last week, Al Medina, General Contractor met me at the two properties still under our consideration. Thereafter, he gave me an estimate on each one. The first place we saw (the one with the feces), came in at about $40-$45k to fix up. Yikes.

The second place (the one with the paintball shots), came in at roughly the same. This surprised me. The reason? I'm an idiot and didn't notice that the second and third floors don;t have a decent, or existing, heating system.

In order to get heat? I need to pay someone to install and run lines for two small boilers. Woof. The cost? About 4 grand.

It just so happens that that will be the approximate cost to run copper throughout the other building. That makes everything about equal. Since the costs are roughly the same, I'm going to make an offer on the one with the extra (albeit illegal) unit and that's in a better neighborhood.

I talked it over with Amanda last evening and my mortgage fellow this morning. We'll be making an offer on Feces Gables early this week. We'll see how it goes...

No comments: