Wednesday, July 22, 2009

If You Listen Closely, You Can Hear the Heat.

I've documented, many times, the ridiculous workmanship in the house I currently live in. There have been wiring issues, hair problems, and gutter problems, among other things. I guess, in a strange way, you can say that this house is a custom home. Not because it's remarkable design wise, but because of all of the interesting quirks it has come with. I discovered yet another one yesterday.

I grabbed a radiator cover for the mudroom, to paint it white. In the grill of said cover, there is a weird input of some sort. Behind it, there are a bunch of wires sticking out. I didn't think much of it when I first saw the cover, months ago, but yesterday evening, I got a good look at it.

Here's the input hole:


Upon closer inspection, I still had no idea what it was. Even seeing the back side of the input left no real clue as to what it was:


Luckily for me, there was some writing on the little canister thing that housed the electronics:


The weird mystery hole in the radiator cover, was, in fact, a headphone jack.

What?

Who would do such a thing? There is, as referenced earlier, some very terrible/strange wiring in the house, but this is just ridiculous. Someone actually sat in the Mud Room of this house, plugged their headphones into a radiator, and, in theory, had this system wired to some sort of music player to enjoy some Haitian music.

I have so many questions about this house and the previous owners. All will, sadly, remain unanswered.

No comments: