Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sigh.

Right on cue. I got sick. I was just complaining about working too much and feeling like an elderly person, and sure enough, it caught up with me. I laid around yesterday while Crazy Jeff Doors traipsed all over the house doing some trim work. It was great. No it wasn't.

Speaking of the elderly, it's always said that they have weaker immune systems. How can that possibly be? From the day you slide out of your mom (or are pulled out after a stomach incision, in my case), you are basically catching viruses and manufacturing cures for them. These cures spend the rest of your life floating around your bloodstream, just waiting for that same virus to come along. If it does, they eat it. If it doesn't, no big deal, at least you're prepared.

The point is, by the time I'm 80, I figure my bloodstream will be so jam packed with virus specific antibodies that I'll get sick once every two years. In other words, my immune system will be even more prepared for sickness, and thus stronger, when I'm old. Even if it isn't stronger, how can it possibly be weaker? It's even more prepared for sickness than it was when I was in the prime of my life. I don't get it.

That was terrible writing. I am sick. My apologies.

No comments: