Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm Late

I promised an update yesterday. I did not deliver. I have an excuse, but you won't care about it.

At any rate, there was no closing last Friday. Instead, it had been postponed until the 12th, at the latest. I am pushing crazy Tony the Mortgage Guy to get it done earlier, but we'll see.

The problem was with the stupid federal laws on the federal loan I am getting. Basically, when Tony had to resubmit the loan amount, which he apparently had to do last week, there is a mandatory 7 day waiting period until you are legally allowed to close. It's super lame.

On the bright side, the appraisal went well and the house is, according to the appraiser, worth at least the amount of the loan. Great.

Next up is staying on Tony to get things moving and getting some homeowners insurance lined up. I really can't wait to get started on this dump.

No comments: