Monday, May 10, 2010

Wednesday Funday

As far as I know, the closing is still on.

On Friday, I got a call from Tony, Mortgage Fellow while waiting to watch the Celtics get destroyed in person. I told him I would give him a call back.

I did.

He told me that for the closing to happen, three things will have to happen, in the scant few days left before closing:

1. Clean the back yard. Have city inspector inspect.

2. Remove the kitchen from the back unit. Have cit inspector inspect.

3. Pay $75 to the city. Have city cash check.

About halfway through his recitation, I realized that these all have something to do with the violations that are hanging over the property. The violations which I signed off on long ago.

I let him know that I had already signed a fun form releasing these violations to me once the property is mine. He asked me to send him the form, so I got in touch with City Hall and am awaiting their reply.

I really hope that the form I signed will make all of these things go away (until after closing), or else I am hoping to have a terrible Tuesday evening cleaning a yard and removing a kitchen.

Fingers crossed?

No comments: