Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 1.


After months of delays and hundreds of signatures, I just bought a house yesterday. It's kind of dilapidated. Here are the stats:


1600+ square feet

Built in the 1930s

In Elmhurst

Kind of (very) crappy


I'll be updating this blog as often as I can with pictures, videos and the like. I have a full time job and am getting married in less than a month though, so who knows when I'll have time?


The goal is three months, 67 thousand dollars and a 50 thousand dollar profit. I bought it super cheap (and put up with all kinds of crap to get it), but selling it these days is going to be terrible.
Onc ethe heat is working, new windows are in and the hardwoods have been refinished, my girlfriend and I will be living in it. Awesome.

First thing on the agenda? Demolition. The dumpster will be in the driveway tomorrow morning. I'll be throwing all kinds of crap into it on Sunday, then my general contractor will start throwing crap into it on Monday and subsequent days.

Should prove to be an interesting few months. Stay tuned...

No comments: