Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm Giddy.

This has to be written about immediately.

Over the past few weeks, I've been trying to get my electrician, Ron Costa, to do work he has been paid to do. Since he refuses, I've been trying to annoy him into at least calling me back to yell at me or something. Anything to speak to the man.

Yesterday, as I pointed out in my last post, I decided to call him over and over, leaving a message every time I am driving somewhere in my car. One of the options of his voicemail is to send a call-back number. I choose that every time to send him a text and then leave a voice message. In short, I call him for fifteen or twenty minutes in a row, get his voicemail, press 5 to send a callback number, leave a voicemail, and start over.

I also decided yesterday evening to send him 25 or so texts in succession that all said "Hi ron!".

When I was driving to work this morning around 6:50, I called him over and over, repeating the same callback number/voicemail routine until I got to work.

Since then, I've been calling once or twice every hour. He even picked up to hang up on me once this morning.

All in all, I've probably called/messaged him 100 times in the past two days. I'm just trying to get some kind of response back.

It worked. A few minutes ago, I received the following text message from "Electrician":

Cranston Police will be calling you for harrassment complaint

Firstly, I like that he capitalized "Cranston Police" but left out "a" before a misspelled "harrassment". If you're going to abandon punctuation and sentence structure altogether, why bother with capitalizing proper nouns?

Secondly, AWESOME! I really, really hope he's not bluffing. I'm so excited. Really. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm very excited.

No comments: